Monday, February 27, 2012

Let the morning time drop all its petals on me...

 
To slow time has been a constant yearning of mine. I’m resisting time’s fleeting nature, doing what I can to savor it. There are moments when I try to stop it, even if it’s only for a second. But as I walk along, noticing the crocuses popping up, which I am always happy to see, there is a gentle reminder that I’m losing that battle. Those new blooms gently laugh at me and quietly mock my meager attempts. 
The steady rumble of spring’s arrival is here, unbridled. And while I love the dawn of spring and all the beauty it brings, I'm still trying to swim against the current, muttering, "Please wait. Slow down - just a little." But, I’m working to change that, to be present and accepting of right where I am. I'm going to celebrate it instead of swimming upstream.  
Just wait and see.

2 comments:

debbie said...

well said. time always seems to pass quicker than we want, being present is a perfect way to slow down the clock and enjoy these brief moments on earth.

honestly kimberly said...

thanks so much for your thoughtfulness debbie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails