Monday, June 13, 2011

john + angie

Meet John + Angie. There’s a story here – one typical of Portland’s funny ways. A few months ago, my other half, Carl, had been telling a story over dinner about his friend John that he grew up with in Maryland. Following our meal, we headed into Music Millennium and Carl went to ask the guy behind the counter what song was playing. It took him a second, but he stopped and said, “Are you John Gavin?” (I’m omitting a few expletives as it had been 10 years since they had seen each other). With arms outstretched, he replied with a smile and said “Fondelheit” (my husband’s last name). Neither of them knew the other lived in Stumptown, but they picked up right where they left off. I love how people weave in and out of your life at significant times. We soon found out that John was to be married to his adorable little pixie, Angie. We are so happy to have old friends and new friends here in Portland. They gave me the honor of documenting their wedding this coming fall, so we headed out for a few photos together before their big day.
Now, John enjoys getting his picture taken about as much as he enjoys a root canal, but he adores his girl, and you do crazy things for love. We headed out for an adventure in Oregon, got derailed, and found this lovely little patch of yellow to enjoy. John, thanks for coming along for the ride and for being such a handsome, good sport. Secretly, despite the grumbling, I think you may have had a teeny bit of fun? Angie, you were a sun-kissed beauty and so cute that I want to put you in my pocket. To both of you, thank you for your trust in me, and I can’t wait for you to be married by September.
Please click on the photos to view larger. I think they look nicer that way.
Side note: Married by September is the name of one of my dear friends’ songs and it’s one of my favorites. Check it out here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails