Tuesday, June 21, 2011

hello summer.

Hello summer! Today is the first official day of the season and to celebrate, I'd like to share a few of my favorite things about it. What do you like about this beloved time of year?
  • sunshine
  • sun-kissed
  • sun-flare
  • you catch my drift
  • lightning bugs
  • sand on my feet
  • mama's lemon meringue pie
  • lanky, long shadows
  • lemonade
  • adult lemonade (with vodka and herbs)
  • and mojitos too
  • sand in my hair
  • grilled corn with rosemary
  • fresh tomatoes
  • gazpacho
  • red & white checked tablecloths
  • fried chicken
  • porch swings
  • being barefoot
  • taking photos (of course)
  • swimming until my hands look like prunes
  • the ocean
  • the horizon line
  • cloud gazing
  • the smell of honeysuckle
  • freckles
  • heat
  • ice cream cones
  • a flower behind my ear
  • more freckles
  • smiles (hopefully with corn in the teeth)
  • floating in the waves
  • bbq
  • picnics
  • berry pies
  • the sound of locusts in the trees 
  • flower hair wreaths
  • long summer days
  • golden evenings
  • salt & sea
  • fireworks
  • family & friends
Can you tell I love food? And love being outside?
(Photo of yours truly from the archives)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails