Monday, March 7, 2011

laura + devon: winter wonderland

Congrats to Laura + Devon on their engagement! These two share a love for winter sports and its surroundings, so we headed up to Timberline Lodge for their engagement shoot. As a native Texan, being in this kind of snow had me prancing like a gazelle. I was in absolute awe of the landscape.
With that said, when we got out of the car, we were met with gusty winds and it was blistering, so much so that it knocked me right over. Literally. After a little embarrassment and a few laughs, we all agreed that a bit of warmth and hot chocolate (of course) would solve any problems.  Devon couldn’t feel his ears. Some time in the cozy lodge was savored, and we then decided to brave the outdoors. Miraculously, everything had turned calm and incredibly quiet. These two are so sweet together, and we had a lot of fun amongst the snow-capped trees. I was a relieved and thankful photographer that the earlier weather had passed. I think these two lovebirds were happy about that too. Laura + Devon, you were such patient troopers in the snow. Laura, you even wore cute shoes! How did you do it? Thank you for a wonderful afternoon and I can’t wait for your wedding.
(Click on the photos to view larger. I think they look nicer that way). 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails