Tuesday, October 25, 2011

beating those winter blues...

Fall has definitely arrived. The light is different. The air is crisp, and the leaves are fleeting. It’s one of my favorite seasons actually. It’s cozy and inviting, and I love witnessing the transition. It also comes with a whisper that winter is not too far away. Having had a case of the winter blues in the past, I wanted to approach this year differently so I came up with a list of winter projects that I can’t wait to start. Among those is a personal pledge I’ve made for 2012 - to get the images off of the computer and made into actual prints, to enjoy as is, in frames or in handmade books. A photograph is meant to be viewed and enjoyed, and being lost in a sea of digital negatives on my computer defeats that purpose. I wholeheartedly believe in the tangible print.
For a friends’ wedding, I gave them this photograph from their engagement shoot on a wood panel as a gift. It’s done by a local company called Plywerk, that understands and supports artists and fellow creatives. It’s an alternative framing method that is beautiful and unique, and the fact that they are eco-conscious in their business practices is an added bonus. I wanted to share it with you because not only is it something I offer in addition to my portrait and wedding packages, but I have more of these in mind as part of the winter plan. For the very first time in my few years of living in Portland, instead of dreading Old Man Winter, I am really looking forward to it. The idea of hibernating and creating sounds pretty good to me. Care to join me?

2 comments:

Jody said...

Cozy and creative.... It's going to be a good winter!

Julia said...

oh hell yes. i have hundreds (maybe even thousands) of photos on my computer and not a single one of my own photos hanging in our house (where we have an abundance of wall space). i'm with you lady.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails