Thursday, July 1, 2010

hello/goodbye july.

Hello July. This post is bittersweet as I am saying hello to the summer month of July, but goodbye (for now) to a dear friend. This little beauty has bid farewell to the city of Portland for the golden light of California.  She will then travel the seas to Germany, where exploration and studies await. Although I am sad to see her go, I couldn’t be happier for her - knowing that adventure lies ahead. And...this bird’s ready to fly. We have greatly enjoyed our monthly ‘hello’ collaboration and thank you for joining us in our creative attempts. We have new projects in mind, so we’ll still be saying hello, just perhaps in a different language. Here are a couple of snapshots from her last morning in Portland, where we shared a few laughs and a few tears. (I blame it all on allergies).
My friend and muse, I thank you and wish you unforgettable life experiences, new friends in faraway lands, memories to hold and stories to tell. You always have a friend and a homemade meal in Portland. 
Safe travels. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails