Tuesday, January 5, 2010

hello january.

Hello January. Hello 2010. There is something incredibly reassuring about the first month of a new year. We are greeted with the promise of possibility and the exhilaration of a fresh start, both creating a breathing space for change. It seems like the one time that we allow ourselves the luxury to take a step back, encourage introspection, and give time to reevaluate the world around us. We grant ourselves permission to take better care and for a moment, wash away cynicism and indulge in optimism.  I crave the sense of renewal surrounding the beginning of January. 
While I am grateful for 2009, I bid it farewell. I welcome 2010 with arms wide open. They say that resolutions are more achievable if you make them public, and since one purpose of this blog is to hold me accountable, I thought I would put one of my goals out there in the world. I shall strive to grow professionally and personally in the coming year and give devotion to that process and (hopefully) progress. I hope you enjoy the photos from a rainy portrait session - a continuation of our monthly photo project.
Thank you for reading, and I wish you all a Happy New Year! 
(Click on the photos to view larger. I think they look nicer that way).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails